Thursday 3 April 2014

L for Luxury


According to Merriam Webster dictionary, definition of luxury;

  • a condition or situation of great comfort, ease, and wealth
  • something that is expensive and not necessary
  • something that is helpful or welcome and that is not usually or always available.

luxury is quite subjective thing even under the light of above definition. Everybody enjoy and has their own luxury staff. It might be Rolls Royce for someone or "chocolate cake at birthday" for another person.

For me; "spending less time in the traffic jam" is a kind of luxury that I experience (and appreciate) in Dubai. People who suffer from traffic can understand me easily. Without a hesitate I prefer this, rather than having a Rolls Royce :))

posted for ABC Wednesday, for more L posts please click here.

4 comments:

  1. I love the shot. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is definitely one kind of Luxury but not one that I will ever see.
    A Luxury for me is spending a day with my family, just enjoying each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a status symbol, and quite typical in that part of the world.

    ReplyDelete